XgridLite, a Mac OS X preference pane, enables the Xgrid distributed computing solution on the desktop version of Mac OS X. If you don’t need the advanced features of Mac OS X Server’s Xgrid controller but still want to run your own grid, XgridLite is for you.
With XgridLite, you can:
- Turn on and off the built-in Xgrid controller with a single click.
- Set passwords for client and agent authentication.
- Reset the controller to default settings.
XgridLite is free and open-source software, released the GNU General Public License, Version 3, allowing you to freely modify and redistribute the software under the terms of the license. You can encourage my open-source development efforts by donating money.
- Download XgridLite 1.1.1 for Mac OS X version 10.5 or later (Leopard or Snow Leopard).
You can also download version 1.0.2 for Tiger.
- View License
- Take a look at the GNU GPL.
- Download Source
- Download the source code for version 1.1.1.
Use the buttons below to donate toward the development of XgridLite and my other open-source efforts. For XgridLite, the suggested donation is $15 US.
|Donate from a PayPal account (preferred)|
|Donate from a credit card (PayPal takes a cut)|
Now contains 64-bit code for compatibility with Snow Leopard’s System Preferences app.
XgridLite now supports Mac OS X version 10.5 (Leopard). For Tiger compatibility, use version 1.0.2. The license has also been switched to GPLv3.
XgridLite no longer requires a license key, and is now distributed under the GNU GPL.
XgridLite is now a Universal Binary—it runs on both PowerPC- and Intel-based Macs.